music credit: radiohead
some highlights of the obx & crystal coast leg of our vacation:
- getting up before dawn to travel down to the beautiful outer banks & watching the sun come up as we traveled south
- being the only people on the beach at such an early morning hour
- arriving for an 8am for a 2 hr horse back ride through a wooded trail and on the beach at equine adventures (ryan is on tonka and i am on belle)
- taking the croatoan ferry from hatteras to ocrecoke island - our first ever ferry ride
- visiting the ocracoke island horse
- more lighthouses!
- feeding the ocracoke ducks
- yet another ferry ride from ocracoke to cedar island - a much bigger ferry this time!
- arriving at the harborlight guest house in cape carteret, nc (we stayed in the beautiful swann room)
- enjoyed doing yoga by the bogue sound and of course some hammock lounging
- spending just a little time on emerald isle before we got rained out
be sure to catch part 1 of our vacation. part 3 is coming soon. :)