it's that time again. the weather is starting to get a little cooler and i'm starting to think about all of the delicious tea that i'm going to be sipping on this fall & winter.
i can't believe that this is the 4th annual tea trade.... we've come a long way baby!!! :)
last year we had 40+ women from all over the world (us, canada and europe). our biggest year yet!!
if you joined us in previous years you know just how fun the tea trade is. if you are not sure and want to talk to someone about the tea trade, leave me a comment below. i will get you in touch with a past tea trader so they can give you their experience.
curious? want to know more? ready for more details??
how it works:
- tea traders will send a sampling of 3 - 4 ounces (85 - 113 grams) to another participating tea trader. (most boxes of pre-bagged tea is usually between 1.8 -2 oz or 51 - 57 grams). you can send loose tea or bagged tea or a combination of both.
- packages are also to include a little extra surprise. i will be sending out questionnaires to all of the tea traders so that you will get to know your tea trader a little bit better. please don't spend more than $10 on a little something extra. some examples of a little extra surprise include: a small jar of local honey, a bar of some fancy chocolate, your favorite magazine, a paperback book, something you've handmade if you are crafty, a little trinket, etc.
- to participate you must be willing to ship your package internationally. (this typically costs a little extra but trust me, if you are one of the lucky ones who gets a tea package from the uk, france, slovenia, etc you will thank your lucky stars!!)
- to participate you must be willing have your information shared with your tea trader. what i mean by this is that i will be connecting you with your tea trader via email. that way you can find out if their package was received and if you wish make more of a personal connection (i.e. friends on facebook, email pals, etc) you can.
- please note: you are responsible for your package getting to your tea trader. i recommend delivery confirmation. if your tea trader doesn't get their package you must send them another one.
- if you agree to the above terms & wish to join the 4th annual tea trade, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line "tea trade." in the body of the email please share your address. i will then match up people round robin style and give you a name and address of where to send your teas packages. all of your personal information will be kept strictly confidential (i will only be sharing your mailing information with your tea trader and no one else!!) if you feel more comfortable providing your work address rather than personal that is totally fine. also, if you do not wish to provide your name please make sure you let me know in the email and who ever will be sending your tea package will label the envelope "tea trade" and your address.
- special prize: i will award a special prize to one lucky tea trader. winner will be chosen at random. special prize will be announced at a later date.
due date: please email me your information by saturday,
i've extended the deadline to THIS SATURDAY, SEPT 22ND AT 11:59PM EST. so tell your friends they can still join!!!
questions?? leave me a comment below. i'm happy to answer any questions you have about the tea trade.
image credit me