Wednesday, August 25, 2010

half day bed day

i spent the majority of my day in bed yesterday. today, specifically this morning, i am blessed with another half day bed day.

there is a difference between a bed day and a crash day. let me educate you on the fine art of both. :)

a bed day is when you can take a few hours or hopefully most or the whole day and just stay in bed. you can take your laptop, books, pets, loved ones, tea/coffee, anything you wish as a bed day is considered productive time (if you want it to be) with maybe a nap or two thrown in for good measure.



where as a crash day is something different entirely. a crash day is when your body just can't handle you putting it through the ringer anymore and you just sleep most of the day away. not much, if any, productivity happens on a crash day.


i have learned, for me at least, that if you don't take a bed day occasionally you are sure to eventually have to give in to a crash day as your body just can't take anymore. while i have been busy recently, i haven't been pushing myself too far.

tell me your experiences of bed days vs crash days. wishing you a productive day from bed or otherwise. hugs!!

image credit ici et ici

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Bed days are fantastic! Enjoy your time.

Globetrotting Cacti said...

Yep.... my experiences are pretty much as you tell it. Need both from time to time.

Hope you are feeling rested.... x

Lexington said...

I absolutely adore bed days. I think they are a great way to combine my two favourite things: naps + productivity. I hope you enjoy yours.

The Depressed Yogi said...

I've been needing/experiencing many more bed days lately than I think I need... sometimes it freaks me out, but then I remember that I should enjoy them while I can. I DO wish I had Lola w/ me though... she makes bed days so much better :)

Unknown said...

hooray for bed days. mine was awesome yesterday. it was dark and rainy which made it even better :) i need to do them way more often!

Carolyn said...

So inspirational...I need a bed day STAT!! I think I will forgo the laptop for Breakfast at Tiffany's in the background, a great book and an even better cup of tea! Merci for the inspiration!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I've been crashing mostly, lately. I tend to only get bed days when I'm sick and have stuff to do. I need to remember to schedule productive bed days so I'm not crashing of exhaustion.

Mary said...

I so need to get me a bed day as well! I'm guilty of far too many crash nights.