Friday, October 2, 2009

and the truth shall set you free

do you want the truth? i'll be happy to give it to you, but don't blame me if it's not what you want to hear. :)

sometimes the truth is hard to swallow. sometimes we aren't true to our friends, our family but when we aren't true to ourselves - that is when something is really wrong.

the most important thing i took away from the joy diet's chapter on truth was when martha beck simply said this "as far as i can tell, this process is always hard, always painful, always so, so worth it."

she is so, SO right!! for many years i was unhappy with certain aspects of my life and then i decided to get real with myself and really look truth in the face. and yes, it was an extremely difficult and painful experience, but, i am so much happier and freer now that i have. i should have befriended truth along time ago but i digress. now that truth and i are in cahoots, we are going to stay that way. it's the only way to live.

remember, it's never to late to discover your truth or check out others. click here for other inspiring truth seekers.
image credit ici

22 comments:

Genie Sea said...

There can be no greater cahoot partners than stillness and truth! In the stillness, truth lies!

Love your post! :)

Karen D said...

thanks for sharing your truth with us this week. I am starting to make friends with the truth and I find is is scary but not as scary as I thought it was going to bE!

Anonymous said...

I agree : )

Elizabeth said...

Yes-dealing with the truth is a painful process. Glad that you did it and are happier now. I think I am in the middle of it right now. Trying to figure out my next step.

WrightStuff said...

Yes, you're right. Facing the truth often hurts, but often never as much as you thought. We should be true to ourselves more often.

Lisa said...

Congrats for discovering the joy in truth! It's so easy to get caught up in the struggle part... but there's so much wonder beyond it. Bravo to you for moving through it! :)

Lavanya said...

I agree! Acknowledging/facing the truth makes life (in the long run) so much easier and fulfilling. And you are so right- The worst thing that one can possibly do is lie to oneself.

Diva Kreszl said...

Here's to our rebirth and new awakening!!!

The Other Laura said...

Facing the truth is so important! Good for you...

Lexington said...

I am so happy that you have been able to find and follow your truthful path. It really is amazing to see you becoming more and more you with each week.

I also really loved the Martha Beck quote that you posted. I kept reading it throughout my week to remind myself that truth is oh so powerful.

Karley Ziegler Mott said...

You are right, Melita.
Telling yourself the truth can be very hard. When you finally do, though, it is so freeing!

Snap said...

With the grandson here this week, I'm afraid I've put TRUTH off for awhile! But I'll tackle it.

I've passed an award on to you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. Knowing yourself is always the key.

Rebekah said...

Yes, truth stings sometimes, but I agree with you and with Beck that it is, ultimately, rewarding. It's especially important if you don't like where you are, as you can't change anything unless you know what needs to change, no?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :)

Ananda Leeke said...

i sometimes think of truth as a bumble bee with stings. i love what you said about the truth stinging.

Anonymous said...

Hello doll! Isn't it liberating to really stand in your truth? Keep it up!! xo

Grammy said...

I am so happy to hear you have let go of the past and moved forward. That is so perfect.

Kara Chipoletti Jones of GriefAndCreativity dot com said...

Here's to being in cahoots with Truth! :)

Pink Heels said...

The "truth" is that you are FABULOUS, BEAUTIFUL, INTELLIGENT, and UNIQUELY PERFECT!!! It doesn't get any better then that!

Helen said...

I find that during times that I grow the most, I am being really truthful with myself. It seems like one of those growth spurts is happening now. Thanks for affirming that the hard and painful work of truth is really worth it.

Jean said...

You are one of my heroes right now. To know you need a change, to recognize where that is and to take action! What a beautiful thing. And to share here about your Truth.

Thank you.

Sarah said...

Nicely said!