Wednesday, October 7, 2009

psychoneuroimmunology

"psychoneuroimmunology (or simply pni) is the study of the interaction between psychological processes and the nervous and immune systems of the human body." - quoted from wikipedia

what does that mean exactly?

it's the controversial "mind-body connection."

i personally believe in "mind over matter." we make choices everyday that takes us in the direction or path in life. if we keep telling ourselves that we are sick then we will get sick.

have you ever known of someone who has gotten bad news from the doctor but has miraculously healed beyond any one's imagination? for example someone who was diagnosed with cancer and told that they had 3 months to live but is now 10 years in remission? that is exactly what i am talking about! those people have made up their minds that this disease (or dis-ease) will not get the best of them. the perfect example of this is the courageous and fabulous kris carr.

you've probably noticed the quote by buddha that i have on the left sidebar "what we think, we become." i truly believe that. energy follows our thoughts so why not think good ones?!

image credit leonardo gerard

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Love this!

Lavanya said...

I totally agree with you. We don't realize how powerful our minds are. (Actually my mom always says that and I've begun to realize how true that is)

Carolyn said...

I love this and totally agree!

michele said...

Wow, great post, Melita!! I definitely am with you (and Buddha) in believing that "what we think, we become." My mom always preached it growing up and it was only when I put it into action that I saw incredible changes in myself and my life that I started to fully believe it. And it just reinforces how important it is to surround yourself with positive, support people and things that make you happy!!

Lisa said...

So very true...this one has been on my mind a lot! (Irony?) :) What IF those of us who knew the mind-body connection existed could get beyond our fear of just how powerful we are...and embraced trying to THINK and BE beauty all the time? The truth of power is scary. Great post!

Naturally Jules said...

So true, so true! Your thoughts and attitudes are so important to your wellbeing!

Unknown said...

So glad you brought this up :)