Monday, October 12, 2009

monday moment of zen


"cultivate peace first in the garden of your heart by removing the weeds of lust, hatred, greed, selfishness and jealousy. then only you can manifest it externally. then only, those who come in contact with you, will be benefited by your vibration of peace and harmony." ~sivananda

i love this quote. really pay attention and read it again. we have to have peace within our own hearts before we can send peace out into the world. so many of us have a good heart and want to help others but we have to help ourselves first. only then can we make a true difference on the world around us.

photo credit ici

14 comments:

Gloria said...

So so true Melita. It took me until a little while ago to TRULY learn that. Oh, the peace I enjoy now. A most valuable post. Thanks!

Carolyn said...

I love this quote and it is so true. I hope that your Monday is peaceful and zen. Namaste.

xo Carolyn

Kaileen Elise said...

this is a wonderful way to start of the week. i really enjoyed reading this quote & hope to carry it with me. xo, kaileenelise

JanetDavies said...

This is important to remember! It really does start with us, doesn't it? Thanks for lovely reminder. :)
Peace,
Janet

Sarah said...

Thanks for another lovely Zen Monday.

Lisa said...

Ah....absolutely love this. Such a beautiful way to start my day and week. THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

That quote is absolute truth!

Sherry said...

I love the depth and the truth of this quote. And I love this image...it reminds me a bit of my front garden...pea gravel, flagstones for stepping stones and flowers throughout...I find it very peaceful indeed.

Pink Heels said...

OMG! I LOVE this quote. Since I am constantly seeking balance, peace, and happiness, it is a wonderful quote to remind me of my daily goal.

michele said...

oooh, I love this quote, Melita!
Thanks for sharing and making our Monday a little more zen! : )

Grammy said...

That is just beautiful and so true.
Peace be with you.

Unknown said...

great quote. thank you so much for sharing it :)

Lavanya said...

So true!!

Globetrotting Cacti said...

I love this quote (and also the tranquility in the picture). Thanks for sharing.