Thursday, April 2, 2009

2009 vision board



can you believe that we are a quarter of the way into 2009??!! (sorry, that is the accountant coming out in me, thinking in quarters lol). i can't believe we are already into april.

i am a huge fan of lists. so normally, come new years day, i will write out a list of resolutions. instead of writing out a goals list (or resolutions if you wish) for 2009, i decided to do things a little more creatively this year. i made a vision board for 2009. i went through all of my old magazines, cut out the images that spoke to me (keeping with theme of my goals), then pasted those images onto a poster board. i hung my vision board in the back room of our house (this is a small bedroom that i mostly use as my closet) that way i can see my vision board every day. it's a nice reminder instead of a nagging list.

i wanted to share my vision board (hopefully to serve as inspiration and to help remind me to accomplish the things on there!)

are you guys meeting the goals/resolutions you all set, if so, please feel free to share.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm doing pretty good with my goals. I like to think of them at goals and not resolutions. Resolutions makes it sound like all the other years were bad and you are making up for them.

A lot of my goals this year were environmental. I'm using reusable grocery bags and have been recycling. The other environment goal was a compost pile/bin. I hope to do this soon as it's getting pretty out and spring gardening has begun.

Unknown said...

This looks fantastic - last year I made vision collages in my planner at teh beginning of every month, based on things I wanted to do that month - but that made the planner SO heavy, LOL. I should try to find poster board and do this instead.

Unknown said...

If you don't mind me asking - are you planning to go back to school?

Mindy said...

I love your vision board! I didn't realize you are a runner. I am an aspiring runner too! Thanks for mentioning me on your blog. I love catching up with your as well :-)

Mindy said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I mentioned your post on my blog. I just did a post on Spring Intentions and put up a pic of my 2009 vision board. Even though I look at it everyday, it's good to be reminded to take a few minutes and reflect on where I am at with my goals. Thanks!

Pink Heels said...

This is a fantastic vision board! I started creating a monthly collage of my vision, goals, and wishes this year. It is a non-cerebral approach to organizing my priorities and ensuring that I stay on track. Plus, it is fun!

Have fun in D.C. and enjoy the cherry blossoms!

Emily Anne Carson said...

Whoo-hoo. Terrific vision board! Thanks for sharing it. I set 50 goals for 2009, and I'm SLOWLY inching my way through them. I really like the vision board idea. :) Sleep well, ms. lovely!

The Cooking Accountant said...

Your vision board is great and definitely better than the many lists I keep. It has inspired me to create my own!

Revisionista said...

Thanks so much for the bday wishes! I had a lovely creative weekend. Your vision board is fabulous! V. inspiring.

As for new years intentions, I'm slowly making progress but not close to finishing anything yet.

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?